Best Summer Foods - Tender Coconut Water
The water of tender coconut, technically the liquid endosperm, is the most nutritious wholesome beverage that the nature has provided for the people of the tropics to fight the sultry heat. It has caloric value of 17.4 per 100gm.
"It is unctuous, sweet, increasing semen, promoting digestion and clearing the urinary path," says ancient indian medical systems on tender coconut water
Numerous medicinal properties of tender coconut water reported are:-
- Good for feeding infants suffering from intestinal disturbances.
- Oral rehydration medium
- Contains organic compounds possessing growth promoting properties
- Keeps the body cool
- Application on the body prevents prickly heat and summer boils and subsides the rashes caused by small pox, chicken pox, measles, etc.
- Kills intestinal worms
- Presence of saline and albumen makes it a good drink in cholera cases
- Checks urinary infections.
- Excellent tonic for the old and sick
- Cures malnourishment.
- Effective in the treatment of kidney and urethral stones
- Can be injected intravenously in emergency case.
- Found as blood plasma substitute because it is sterile, does not produce heat, does not destroy red blood cells and is readily accepted by the body.
- Aids the quick absorption of the drugs and makes their peak concentration in the blood easier by its electrolytic effect.
- Urinary antiseptic and eliminates poisons in case of mineral poisoning.
So, spend this summer with lots of chill and healthy with the support of tender coconut water.