10 Tips To Make Anyone's Day A Little Better
1. Lend a helping hand to someone who seems to be struggling physically or emotionally. Lend your ear or a ride, for example.
2. Offer words of encouragement and hope to someone facing a challenging task.
3. Give a sincere compliment by really noticing what makes someone stand out. The key phrase here is "be in the moment and notice."
4. Support others efforts by taking on a task that will carry them closer to their goal.
5. Be present and listen with focused attention when interacting with someone — no cellphone, TV, or tablet.
6. Give a thoughtful gift for no other reason than "just because."
7. Make a comforting gesture, such as a hug, when someone you love seems out of sorts. Your light and warmth can make a transformational shift in others.
8. Bring levity and laughter to a situation where tensions are high. You can become a master at changing the subject in a very subtle, beautiful way.
9. Spend quality time with someone doing their favorite thing. Just imagine the greatness in this!